Child Safe Standards.
Good Leadership and Governance in a Child Safe School.
Working with children is rewarding but comes additional responsibilities. Marysville Primary and School Council will act to protect children from abuse and build an environment where children are respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
We do this by providing a culture of child safety embedded throughout our school so that child safety is a part of everyone's everyday thinking and practice. This culture has been achieved by proactive leadership in demonstrating the appropriate values, attitudes and behaviours at Marysville Primary School.
Our child safe environment is the product of a range of strategies and initiatives. At Marysville Primary School we foster a culture of openness, inclusiveness and awareness.
Children and adults know what to do if they observe, or are subject to, abuse or inappropriate behaviour.
In addition, Marysville Primary School will in its planning, decision making and operations:
1. Take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to Child Safety.
2. Value and empower children.
3. Foster a culture of openness that supports all persons and minimises risks of harm to children.
4. Respect cultural diversity while keeping child safety paramount.
5. Provide induction and guidance on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children.
6. Engage only the most suitable people to work with children provide
high quality staff and volunteer supervision and professional development.
7. Ensure children know with whom to talk with should they feel unsafe.